Ok, when did a birthday turn into a birth”week” or longer?? I guess it’s always been that way at our house, but wow, this has been exhausting, although a lot of fun and Peyton has really enjoyed himself!!
Last Sunday was the start of everything. We planned a birthday party and a little cookout for Peyton’s family birthday. All of our families came over and helped us celebrate. I really enjoyed having everyone here, although the kids spent most of the time outside and I don’t really think anyone saw Peyton except for presents and cake time!
Peyton was very happy to get a ball bag for all of his baseball gear from his mom-mom and pop-pop. I think Jason and I are equally as excited since it’s now much easier to carry all that stuff across the field too!
Here’s his birthday cake for this party too. I know it doesn’t look like much, but it is the best and easiest ice cream cake I have ever made. It’s made with ice cream sandwiches, chocolate pudding, crushed oreos and cool whip! YUM!!!
Peyton’s actual birthday was the 21st. Although he had school that day he got a couple of presents from us that night. As soon as I walked thru the door from work he wanted to know where I hid his presents! Just look how nice he was to allow his little brother to help open them.
He also got to pick what he wanted for dinner. Of course, it was not for mom to cook, but rather his favorite pizza place!
And FINALLY, we had a little party this weekend for some of Peyton’s school friends. He invited a few friends from school and we planned to roast hotdogs and marshmallows over the fire pit. I didn’t really plan any games or activities for the kids and it’s a good thing because they spent the entire party chasing each other around the yard! Boys can be sooo easy at times!!!
Wish I was there for ice cream cake. Can you post that recipe? Looks like Peyton had a great time turning 6!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics and that ice cream cake sounds awesome! Happy birthday Peyton!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Peyton! Sounds like a great week of fun!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday Peyton! It looks like he had a lot of fun celebrating over the week! We do the same here - celebrate for a week! That ice-cream cake looks and sounds so yummy!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! Happy birthday Peyton! looks like he really enjoyed his fun week!
ReplyDeletePlease post the recipe for the cake! Peyton is so darn handsome. He will be a lady killer for sure! And he does not look six-he looks about nine! Phineas and Ferb-Preston would LOVE that cake. Cannot wait to show him tomorrow! Just love the last pic of Peyton. And very cute pics of both boys at the pizza place!
ReplyDelete